PRIVATE DOG TRAINING
Our Custom, At-Home dog training lessons may include:
- Leash walking: have a dog that walks nicely without pulling on the leash.
- Greeting visitors: Teach your dog how to politely greet your visitors.
- General obedience: Sit, down, wait, stay.
- Recall: How to get your dog to come to you when you call, every time.
- Crate training: Teach your dog to love his crate, and to go to his crate when asked.
- A dog that listens & Responds: Teach your dog to respond to you every time you ask.
- Counter Surfing: How to stop your dog from searching the counter tops.
- Go to place: Teach your dog to go to his place when asked.
- Give Your Dog a Job: Dog's love to join in the day to day chores. Teach your dog how to help you!
- Happy Trails: Teach your dog good manners while hiking single track trails.
- Trick Dog Titles: Have fun teaching your dog new tricks, and earn an AKC TKN title for your dog (Dog does not need to be purebred -see below)!
These are just some of the skills we can teach your dog. If you do not see your needs listed, please contact us and let us know what you and your dog would like to learn. Note: If your dog has any behavior problems, please see our Behavior Modification page.
HOW TO GET STARTED:
- FOR DOGS 18 WKS & OLDER: All dogs new to PAWSitive Approach (18 weeks & older, and needing skills training only), must first attend Dog Talk before purchasing any packages. If your dog is under 18 weeks old, please see our Puppy Training page. If your dog has behavior issues (i.e. fear, reactivity, resource guarding, aggression, etc.), please see our Behavior Modification page.
- SERVICE AREA: Please check to ensure that you are in our service area.
- SIGN UP: Click on the purple "Schedule Dog Talk" button listed in with the Dog Talk description below.
- QUESTIONS? Please contact us with any questions or concerns. We will be happy to help you.
NOTE: We charge for time required. We do not charge per dog. If you have more than one dog needing help, a larger package of lessons may be required.
LESSONS & RATES:
Dog Talk ensures we all are on the same page when it comes to the training of your dog.
We will meet in person and discuss your dog training goals. We will complete an introductory evaluation, noting your dog's strength's and any weaknesses. We will then discuss how I can help you and what all will be involved to best meet your dog training goals.
We'll continue with an introduction to dog training methods, and how dogs communicate. We will get you started with some management and training exercises to promote success for everyday manners.
Within 24 - 72 hours, you will receive an emailed summary report of the Dog Talk evaluation, along with instructional handouts, videos, and homework.
Dog Talk includes:
- One-on-one instruction from a Karen Pryor Academy Certified Training Partner.
- An introductory evaluation of your dog.
- A customized management & training plan.
- Introduction to our training methods.
- A dog communication lesson.
- A demonstration of foundation exercises to get you going towards your goals, a.k.a. homework!
- An emailed report sumarizing your Dog Talk lesson, instructional handouts and videos, and homework exercises.
- Access to our PAWS Welcome folder and a goodie bag, including two free clickers!
1.5 to 2 hour session: $168*
Schedule Dog Talk
NOTE: Dog Talk is required for all new client dogs 18 weeks and older, who do not have behavioral issues.
*Please check our service areas, as a travel fee may apply.
We provide force-free, positive dog training in a 25 minute radius from our location in Berthoud, CO. This includes the cities of Longmont, Loveland, Berthoud, Lyons, Hygiene, Johnstown, and Mead Colorado.
We charge a travel fee for locations beyond our service area. Please see our Contact-Us page for details and cost.